Rivals of Ixalan Season – Puzzle #1
Welcome back to Possibility Storm, the weekly MTG puzzle series available exclusively through MTGCanada and PossibilityStorm.com.
Here’s our first official Rivals of Ixalan season puzzle. Make sure you read each card carefully!
(Click to enlarge)
Think you’ve got it? Check your answer against the solution below:
[toggle title=”Click here to expand the solution.”]
- Cast Tocatli Honor Guard. Its static ability prevents Rampaging Ferocidon from triggering, so you won’t take any damage.
- Cast Walking Ballista for X=1. Use it to ping your Trapjaw Tyrant for one.
- That triggers the Tyrant’s enrage ability, which you must use to exile Regal Caracal.
- Go to combat and attack with both Vicious Conquistador and Trapjaw Tyrant. Conquistador triggers and takes your opponent down to 3.
- Fatal Push your own Tocatli Honor Guard.
- Gideon’s Defeat your own Trapjaw Tyrant.
- Regal Caracal returns to the battlefield, along with its two tokens, and these three creatures entering the battlefield triggers Rampaging Ferocidon three times. Since Protection from the Hekma only prevents damage from sources players other than your opponent control, it does nothing here and your opponent takes a lethal 3 damage.
Does something need clarification? Check out the official Rules and Assumptions to see if your answer lies within.
How did you do? Tune in again next Monday for the next puzzle in this series.
Want to puzzle for prizes?
Possibility Storm Patrons get some extra perks like prize draws and early puzzle access. Competitive Patrons also submit answers, earn points on our seasonal leaderboard, and take home so sweet prizes for finishing in top spots!
The Rivals of Ixalan season opens on January 16. Take a peek and see if it’s for you. We appreciate both your engagement and your support.
Thanks and see you next week!