Rivals of Ixalan Preview Puzzle #1
Welcome back to Possibility Storm, the weekly MTG puzzle series available exclusively through MTGCanada and PossibilityStorm.com.
Here’s our first Rivals of Ixalan preview puzzle. Who’d you rather have on your side, Vraska or Angrath?
(Click to enlarge)
Think you’ve got it? Check your answer against the solution below:
[toggle title=”Click here to expand the solution.”]
There may actually be one other way to beat this puzzle, but it’s still awfully similar. Think you can find it? Here is the official solution:
- Choose to start with Angrath, Minotaur Pirate on the battlefield, and Vraska, Scheming Gorgon in your deck.
- Cast Vraska’s Scorn to take your opponent to 5. Tutor up Vraska if you like, but we won’t be casting her.
- Cast Angrath’s Fury, killing any creature other than your Khenra Eternal. The 3 damage takes your opponent to 2.
- Go to combat and attack with at Khenra Eternal. They must block to survive, and its Afflict trigger will take them to 1.
- Finally, finish them off with Angrath’s +1. It will also kill a bunch of creatures, but none of that is relevant at this point anyways!
Does something need clarification? Check out the official Rules and Assumptions to see if your answer lies within.
How did you do? Tune in again next Monday for the next puzzle in this series.
Want to puzzle for prizes?
Possibility Storm Patrons get some extra perks like prize draws and early puzzle access. Competitive Patrons also submit answers, earn points on our seasonal leaderboard, and take home so sweet prizes for finishing in top spots!
The Rivals of Ixalan season opens on January 16. Take a peek and see if it’s for you. We appreciate both your engagement and your support.
Thanks and see you next week!