Rivals of Ixalan Season – Puzzle #9
Welcome back to Possibility Storm, the weekly MTG puzzle series available exclusively through MTGCanada and PossibilityStorm.com.
Think you’ve got it? Check your answer against the solution below:
[toggle title=”Click here to expand the solution.”]
- Cast Approach of the Second Sun.
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter‘s ability triggers. Before it resolves, cast Expel from Orazca on your own Ravenous Chupacabra, choosing to put it on top of your library.
- Let Rashmi’s trigger resolve and cast Ravenous Chupacabra. Target the opponent’s Twilight Prophet with its ETB trigger, killing it.
- Let Approach of the Second Sun resolve. You now have 7 cards in your library, and 8 life.
- Ultimate Nicol Bolas, the Deceiver, draw 7 cards (your whole library), and take your opponent down to 7.
- Cast Blossoming Defense on Kefnet the Mindful, and attack for a lethal 7 in the air.
Does something need clarification? Check out the official Rules and Assumptions to see if your answer lies within.
How did you do? Tune in again next Monday for the next puzzle in this series.
Want to puzzle for prizes?
Possibility Storm Patrons get some extra perks like prize draws and early puzzle access. Competitive Patrons also submit answers, earn points on our seasonal leaderboard, and take home so sweet prizes for finishing in top spots!
Thanks and see you next week!