Patron-Made Final Ixalan Puzzle
Welcome back to Possibility Storm, the weekly MTG puzzle series available exclusively through MTGCanada and PossibilityStorm.com.
Here’s our last pure Ixalan puzzle before we switch over to Rivals previews next week. This puzzle was made by one of our Patrons as one of his Patreon-level perks!
(Click to enlarge)
Think you’ve got it? Check your answer against the solution below:
[toggle title=”Click here to expand the solution.”]
There may actually be one other way to beat this puzzle, but it’s still awfully similar. Think you can find it? Here is the official solution:
- Go to combat.
- Anointed Deacon triggers, target Skymarch Bloodletter to make it a 4/2.
- Attack with all.
- Sanctum Seeker triggers five times, from five Vampires, and takes your opponent to 10.
- Before blocks, sacrifice all creatures other than Yahenni, Undying Partisan itself, and the Bloodletter, to Yahenni. Be sure to sacrifice the Dire Fleet Hoarder last.
- Dire Fleet Hoarder’s death trigger goes on the top of the stack – let that resolve, creating a treasure.
- With Yahenni’s triggers still on the stack, use the treasure to make red mana and Fling it at the opponent for a lethal 6!
Does something need clarification? Check out the official Rules and Assumptions to see if your answer lies within.
How did you do? Tune in again next Monday for the next puzzle in this series.
Want to puzzle for prizes?
Possibility Storm Patrons get some extra perks like prize draws and early puzzle access. Competitive Patrons also submit answers, earn points on our seasonal leaderboard, and take home so sweet prizes for finishing in top spots!
The Rivals of Ixalan season opens on January 16. Take a peek and see if it’s for you. We appreciate both your engagement and your support.
Thanks and see you next week!