Ixalan Season – Puzzle #6
Welcome back to Possibility Storm, the weekly MTG puzzle series available exclusively through MTGCanada and PossibilityStorm.com.
Love him or hate him, sometimes Gideon just needs to go. Today’s puzzle is one of those ones where Pesky McSideburns is trying to get in the way again. Can you overcome his overacting heroism to beat it?
(Click to enlarge)
Think you’ve got it? Check your answer against the solution below:
[toggle title=”Click here to expand the solution.”]
- Cast Arcane Adaptation, choosing ‘Pirates’.
- Cast Fiery Cannonnade, killing all blockers except for the Bishop of Rebirth.
- Activate The Scarab God‘s ability, targeting your Admiral Beckett Brass, making your viable attackers a 6/3, 6/6, 4/5, and 1/6.
- Attack with all at your opponent. Your Sanctum Seeker is still a Vampire itself and its trigger drains the opponent for 1 down to 11. They will then block a 6-power creature and 6+4+1=11 will get through for lethal (if not for that darn Gideon emblem.)
- Thanks to Arcane Adaptation making everything a Pirate, and Admiral Brass for giving Lightning-Rig Crew a boost to be able to deal combat damage, you connect with three Pirates and therefore will trigger Brass’ ability at end of turn.
- Trigger Brass at EOT, steal Gideon of the Trials, and your opponent dies as the protective effect of the emblem no longer applies.
Does something need clarification? Check out the official Rules and Assumptions to see if your answer lies within.
How did you do? Tune in again next Monday for the next puzzle in this series.
Want to puzzle for prizes?
Possibility Storm Patrons get some extra perks like prize draws and early puzzle access. Competitive Patrons also submit answers, earn points on our seasonal leaderboard, and take home so sweet prizes for finishing in top spots! Take a peek and see if it’s for you. We appreciate both your engagement and your support.
Thanks and see you next week!