Hour of Devastation – Puzzle #1
Welcome back to Possibility Storm, the weekly MTG puzzle series, available exclusively through MTGCanada and PossibilityStorm.com.
We’re back with yet another puzzle – the first of the Hour of Devastation season! The season is still young for those considering signing up on Patreon to battle it out for prizes.
The solution for this week’s puzzle can be found below the image. It’s a complicated one, so if you’re going to give it a go before checking out the answer, you might want to find your favourite way to keep track of your steps. And the triggers… oh the triggers.
(Click to enlarge)
Think you’ve got it? Check your answer against the solution below:
[toggle title=”Click here to expand the solution.”]
- Cast Hedron Archive.
- Cast Metalwork Colossus for 0 mana, since you control a total of 11 converted mana cost worth of noncreature artifacts.
- Use two remaining lands to activate Mirage Mirror, targeting Metalwork Colossus.
- Before that resolves, use two mana from Hedron Archive to activate Mirage Mirror again, targeting Multiform Wonder.
- Let the Wonder copying resolve, but before the Colossus copying does, use the Mirrored Multiform Wonder’s ability to spend your one energy to give it flying.
- Then let the Colossus copying resolve, and get this, it keeps the flying. (Copiable traits are what’s printed on the card. The Wonder’s temporarily flying ability belongs to the Mirror all turn long, regardless of what else it becomes.)
- The hard part’s over. Now just swing for 10.
Does something needs clarification? Check out the official Rules and Assumptions to see if your answer lies within.
How did you do? Tune in again next Wednesday for the next puzzle in this series.
Want to puzzle at a higher competition level?
For those interested in an element of competition involved, direct participants in the project, through its Patreon campaign, will get access to the puzzles one week early, and get to submit solutions to earn points and compete in a seasonal leaderboard for spicy Magic: The Gathering prizes, generously provided by our very own MTGCanada.com!
Thanks and see you next week!