058. Dominaria Pre-season Puzzle and Preview Card!
Welcome back to Possibility Storm, the weekly MTG puzzle series available exclusively through MTGCanada and PossibilityStorm.com.
Check it out – we got a preview card! As a result, we’re posting the puzzle that would normally go up next Monday today. Enjoy!
Think you’ve got it? Check your answer against the solution below:
[toggle title=”Click here to reveal the solution.”]
- Cast Giant Spectacle on Gaea’s Protector
- Cast Gift of Strength on Ancient Brontodon
- Attack! Because Gaea’s Protector must be blocked if able, and has Menace, and there are two creatures that are capable of blocking it, both must.
- As a result, only Renegade Wheelsmith is able to block the other attacking creatures. Because of Afflict, your opponent’s best block is to put the Wheelsmith in front of Ghalta, Primal Hunger. 10 damage tramples through, plus 3 from the unblocked Frontline Devastator.
Does something need clarification? Check out the official Rules and Assumptions to see if your answer lies within.
Want to puzzle for prizes?
Possibility Storm Patrons get some extra perks like prize draws and early puzzle access. Competitive Patrons also submit answers, earn points on our seasonal leaderboard, and take home so sweet prizes for finishing in top spots!
Thanks and see you next week!