Welcome back to Possibility Storm, the weekly MTG puzzle series available exclusively through MTGCanada and PossibilityStorm.com.
This wouldn’t be Ixalan season if it wasn’t overrun with Dinosaurs. This week’s Jurassic Park puzzle was solved by our Patron Erin Vaartjes in a blazing 5m 42s. Think you can do better?
(Click to enlarge)
Think you’ve got it? Check your answer against the solution below:
Click here to expand the solution.
- Cast Regisaur Alpha, make a 3/3 Dinosaur token with trample (and haste thanks to the Alpha.)
- Use Huatli, Warrior Poet‘s 0 ability to make a 3/3 Dinosaur token with trample (and haste thanks to the Alpha.)
- Attack with your three 3/3s and your 0/3 Kinjalli’s Caller, then cast Dinosaur Stampede, making them into three 5/3s and an 2/3.
- Your opponent has two 4-toughness creatures, which are most effective here by blocking two of the 5/3s and soaking up 4 trample damage each. Still, that reduces 17 attacking power just down to 9, which is enough to defeat them.
- The Sun-Crowned Hunters‘ triggers go on the stack, but guess what, you already won, so you don’t need to worry about the fact that you’d die as they resolve!
Does something need clarification? Check out the official Rules and Assumptions to see if your answer lies within.
How did you do? Tune in again next Monday for the next puzzle in this series.
Want to puzzle for prizes?
Possibility Storm Patrons get some extra perks like prize draws and early puzzle access. Competitive Patrons also submit answers, earn points on our seasonal leaderboard, and take home so sweet prizes for finishing in top spots! Take a peek and see if it’s for you. We appreciate both your engagement and your support.
Thanks and see you next week!