Welcome back to Possibility Storm, the weekly MTG puzzle series, available exclusively through MTGCanada and PossibilityStorm.com.
We hope you enjoyed last week’s puzzle. We’ve got another for you today, so scroll down and have at it!
(Click to enlarge)
Think you’ve got it? Check your answer against the solution below:
Click here to expand the solution.
- Cast Quarry Hauler. Target Kiora, Master of the Depths with its ETB ability, and tick her up to 8 counters.
- Use Kiora’s -8 ability. When the three Octopi enter the battlefield, have two of them fight one Metalwork Colossus, and the third fight your own Festering Mummy. One Colossus dies, as does your Mummy.
- When Festering Mummy dies, use its trigger to put a -1/-1 counter on anything except either of your 2-power creatures. That counter triggers Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons‘ ability to create a 1/1 Snake with deathtouch.
- When the 1/1 Snake token enters the battlefield, Kiora’s emblem is still active, so you can have it fight the remaining Colossus. Since it has deathtouch, Colossus down.
- With the way clear, swing to victory for 4 damage with Hapatra and Weaver of Currents!
Does something needs clarification? Check out the official Rules and Assumptions to see if your answer lies within.
How did you do? Tune in again next Wednesday for the next puzzle in this series.
Want to puzzle at a higher competition level?
For those interested in an element of competition involved, direct participants in the project, through its Patreon campaign, will get access to the puzzles one week early, and get to submit solutions to earn points and compete in a seasonal leaderboard for spicy Magic: The Gathering prizes, generously provided by our very own MTGCanada.com!
Thanks and see you next week!