Welcome back to Possibility Storm, the weekly MTG puzzle series, available exclusively through MTGCanada and PossibilityStorm.com.
We hope you enjoyed last week’s puzzle. We’ve got another for you today, so scroll down and have at it!
Also, for those of you considering becoming a Patron, Possibility Storm will be giving away a booster box of Amonkhet to a randomly drawn Patron among all those who sign up by April 26. That’s also the first day of our Amonkhet seasonal leaderboard, so you’ve got lots of incentive to sign up before then. Links for Patreon are below the puzzle.
(Click to enlarge)
Think you’ve got it? Check your answer against the solution below:
Click here to expand the solution.
- Play Savage Alliance, escalate once, trample to all, 1 damage to plants. Bearer to 4/3, create a clue.
- Uncaged Fury on Bearer. Bearer to 6/5 doublestrike, create a clue.
- Attack. Trample means it doesn’t matter where they block, so let’s assume they gang the Bearer.
- Bearer deals 6 first strike, three of which is blocked, create a clue. [6 – 3 = 3]
- Sacrifice all three clues to Ravenous Intruder to make it a 7/8
- Regular damage results, 6 from Bearer, 7 from Intruder. [+13 = 16]
Does something needs clarification? Check out the official Rules and Assumptions to see if your answer lies within.
How did you do? Tune in again next Wednesday for the next puzzle in this series.
Want to puzzle at a higher competition level?
For those interested in an element of competition involved, direct participants in the project, through its Patreon campaign, will get access to the puzzles one week early, have sixty hours to submit your solution, and compete in a seasonal leaderboard for Magic: The Gathering prizes!
Thanks and see you next week!