Welcome back to Possibility Storm, the weekly MTG puzzle series available exclusively through MTGCanada and PossibilityStorm.com.
We hope you enjoyed last week’s puzzle. We’ve got another one for you today. Scroll down and check it out!
(Click to enlarge)
Think you’ve got it? Check your answer against the solution below:
Click here to expand the solution.
- Pay 2 to move Stitcher’s Graft from Furyblade Vampire onto The Scorpion God. Furyblade Vampire gets sacrificed due to the Graft’s unequipping clause.
- Activate Key to the City, discarding Precise Strike, targeting the God.
- Now an unblockable 9/8, the God gets in for a smooth 9 damage.
- After combat, equip the Sticher’s Graft onto Skirsdag Supplicant. The Scorpion God gets sacrificed due to the Graft’s unequipping clause.
- At the beginning of your end step, The Scorpion God’s delayed triggered ability resolves and it is returned to your hand.
- Before the turn ends (you must win this turn, after all), activate Skirsdag Supplicant, losing each player 2 life, and finishing off your opponent. (If we haven’t started our own life total, you can assume it is irrelevant, so we don’t have to worry about dying to this ability too.)
Does something needs clarification? Check out the official Rules and Assumptions to see if your answer lies within.
How did you do? Tune in again next Wednesday for the next puzzle in this series.
Want to puzzle at a higher competition level?
For those interested in an element of competition involved, direct participants in the project, through its Patreon campaign, will get access to the puzzles one week early, and get to submit solutions to earn points and compete in a seasonal leaderboard for spicy Magic: The Gathering prizes, generously provided by our very own MTGCanada.com!
Thanks and see you next week!